Learn Aikido, a traditional Japanese art which neutralizes attacks and uses the opponent’s strength against them.
- Learn Aikido via personal and detailed instruction in empty hand, sword, staff, and Zen meditation
- Aikido is a deep Japanese martial art, blending the ancient with the modern and teaching students how to move in harmony with an attacker. There are no contests, and no trophies; the founder of Aikido said ”True budo means to win over yourself and eliminate the fighting heart of the enemy.
- Students learn to find their center and how to extend and harness energy, redirecting and harmlessly dissipating attacks.
- We also practice Zen meditation (Zazen) as a counterpart to Aikido. As we train and hone our physical bodies on the mat, and Zen meditation provides the balancing training for the mind, clearing it of preconceptions and teaching you to exist at the moment.
- Click here to view the calendar for upcoming classes
The Fine PrintRegistration required. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 180 days. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased.