Steeplechase race has been a Virginia tradition since 1922, and guests dress in their Sunday best to compete in the official hat contest
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher by October 13, 2017, to complete redemption.
North or South Rail Tickets
- $100 for a Rail 3 ticket (up to $200 value)
- $125 for a Rail 2 ticket (up to $250 value)
- North tickets can accommodate up to 18 guests with 3 car passes and 6 Members Hill badges
- South tickets can accommodate up to 24 guests with 4 car passes and 10 Members Hill badges
International Gold Cup Races
- The races: Horses speed through the 4-mile course during 8 races throughout the day. The Gold Cup has been an annual tradition since 1922, with just a few interruptions during WWII.
- The dress code: Visitors don their Southern-style Sunday best: that usually means sundresses and pearls for women and seersucker for men. And don’t forget the hat—the hat contest is a can’t-miss event every year.
- The spreads: Tailgating is tradition at the Gold Cup, and mint juleps are the official drink. Refreshments are also available for purchase at the Tavern Tents.
Map & Location